This is the BEST Banana Cake recipe you can ever make! I would recommend making this recipe as one big cake, but the cupcakes work just as well. Please note: They taste even better the next day. If you can wait that long!
- 125g/4oz Butter
- 175g/6oz Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 or 3 Large mashed ripe bananas
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp Boiling milk
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 225g/8oz Flour
- Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in mashed bananas
- Add baking soda that has been dissolved in hot milk.
- Lastly mix in sifted flour and baking powder. Don’t overbeat the batter.
- For the cake, bake in a 20cm cake tin on 170ºC for about 45 minutes.
- This mixture will also produce around 18 standard size cupcakes and they are baked at 170ºC for approximately 18-25 minutes. You want them to be light golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.